Welcome to Toronto Ember.js
Subscribe to the mailing list
If you're planning on attending, please sign up for our email list.
We'll notify you whenever a meetup is scheduled. We won't do anything bad with your address or send you spam.
About the Meetup
The format is pretty simple: we'll start with a short presentation about something Ember related. Then people can ask questions, talk to each other and discuss all things Ember!
When and Where is the Meetup?
The next Toronto EmberJS Meetup is October 2nd, 2014 at 6.30pm at Pharmacy.
- Thursday October 2nd at Pharmacy
Do I have to be an expert in EmberJS to attend?
Of course not!
Ember is such a new technology that we couldn't expect anyone to be an expert at this point. One of the reasons to create a local meetup is so that we can all learn together and bounce ideas off each other.
- September 4th, 2014 - Taras Mankovski demoed his new ember-cli addon for Velocity.js(code) and Martin Munoz updated us on the upcoming changes in Ember 1.8
- August 7th, 2014 - Carsten Nielsen presented on Drag 'n' Drop in Ember (code) and Robin Ward gave an amazing session on Ember Debugging tools and metodologies
- July 3rd, 2014 - Mattia Gheda gave a beginner introduction about the Shell (slides) and Joshua Kelly explored how to make accessible web components with Ember (slides)
- June 5th, 2014 - Carsten Nielsen and Mattia Gheda gave us a demo on how to implement an upload workflow in Ember (demo, code, slides), Martin Muñoz presented Anatomy of an HTMLBars Template and Justin Giancola talked about Ember, errors and you!)
- May 1st, 2014 - Jaco Joubert and Justin Giancola presented EmberUI: A component library for crafting ambitious interfaces (slides), and Joshua Gorner gave a talk on iteratively rebuilding the @JugnooMe dashboard (slides).
- April 3th, 2014 - Robin Ward delivered his talk "What Discourse Learned Using EmberJS", and Joshua Kelly explored Ember App Kit as well as strategies for restructuring existing Ember Applications (slides)
- March 13th, 2014 - @mixonic did an hangout from NYC to tell us about Client-side Auth with Ember.js (slides) and @bantic came up to Toronto to show us his Bing-map component (jsbin)
- February 9th, 2014 - @trianglegrrl presented Testing Ember apps with Cucumber (slides) and @embersherpa introduced us to the newest version of Ember Query Params (slides)
- January 9th, 2014 - @jamiebikies showed how to package an Ember libray (slides) and @rdharper enlightened us on animations from scratch (slides)
- November 7th, 2013 - @rdharper talked about performance on Mobile (slides)
- October 3th, 2013 - @heycarsten demonstrated his Ember Validation promise-based solution (slides) and code
- September 5th, 2013 - @elucid and @ghedamat discussed some of the sweet spots of the Ember 1.0 release along with the new Ember Data design (slides)
- August 1st, 2013 - @evitrout showed us the recent perfomance improvements patches he brought into Ember and @heycarsten gave us a preview of the new lcbosearch
- June 6th, 2013 Brennan and Nick from HitSend Inc. walked us through the latest additions they've rolled out to SoapBox, @jamiebikies showed us her brand new YoleoReader, @ghedamat gave a presentation about the newly introduced ember-testing package
- May 2nd, 2013 - @MrMcDowall presented "My Month in Ember and @ghedamat presented a small Ember brochure site
- April 4th, 2013 - @eviltrout presented an app that displays and filters photos from Reddit and @jamiebikies presented a realtime multiplayer addition to @eviltrout's EmberPress
- February 26, 2013 - @heycarsten gave a recap of the recent EmberCamp talks
- December 10, 2012 - @elucid discussed
ArrayProxy and strategies for wrapping collections of objects in controllers
- November 12, 2012 - @eviltrout presented EmberPress, a LetterPress clone in JS